From: Guillaume Melquiond (gmelquio_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-16 05:43:43

Hi,

I'm not a Windows programmer; but I wanted the Interval Library to compile
at least with one Windows compiler. So I chose Borland CC 5.5.1 since it
was freely available.

In 'interval/test', I first did 'bjam -sTOOLS=borland' and all the test
programs did compile and run just fine. Next, I tried 'bjam
-sTOOLS=borland -sBUILD=release' to see if it was still working. And none
of the test programs did compile (some spurious compile-errors from BCC).

So, is there something I need to know about bjam or about BCC, or should I
just forget about it ?

Guillaume

PS: I don't know how bjam handles options (and I don't want to :)) but
could it be possible to automatically suppress some warnings with Borland
CC in release mode? In particular, W8008 "Condition is always false" and
W8066 "Unreachable code" (this one is a direct consequence of the always
false condition) are quite annoying. I suppose there is also a "Condition
is always true", but it didn't appear.