From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-17 10:53:25

At 08:25 AM 10/17/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

>> Would the 1_29_1 release be planned for in a few days, a few weeks,
>> a few months, .. ?
>
>If we do it, I'd like to do it soon. However, Beman and I are both
>going to Santa Cruz next week, and I'm travelling until Nov 2
>thereafter, so I'm not sure how practical that would be. I need to
>hear from Beman what he thinks. Maybe early Nov. would be best.

I'm booked fairly solid until after a business trip that ends November
14th. But that doesn't mean someone else couldn't act as release manager.
See an earlier post of mine.

It would probably be a good idea anyhow for someone else to know how to do
a release. 1.29.1 would be a good one for someone else to do, since it
will be simpler than a release with new libraries. I'll be available for
minor assistance, too.

--Beman