From: Robert Dalan (r-dalan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-18 20:33:10

First I have to state that I'm new to programming in C/C++ so please
understand if my questions may be somewhat difficult to understand. I'm
trying to write a program (email client) that will do the following:

1. The User Interface will present options to decide which messages he/she
wants to download(Read, Unread, All and so on).
2. Establish a connection to a pop-server (Modem, LAN or DSL)
3. Retrieve the messages determined by the options selected
4. Choose if he/she should stay connected with the pop server or close down
after retrieval

Can anyone help explain what kind of "flags" the program needs to read on
the pop servers messages so that the appropriate messages will be
downloaded? When I say "flags" I mean that a message must have some sort of
"mark" put on it on the pop server when a user has read it or am I wrong? Is
it the email client that keep this information?

How do I establish the connection? Is there a simple, straightforward
solution?

Regards

Robert Dalan