From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-20 19:43:45

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Gohman" <dgohman_at_[hidden]>

> On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 08:35:43AM +0800, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> > Any specific reason for the interest in parser contexts? Actually,
> > its purpose is to make the framework extensible.
>
> I wanted something a little more convenient than closures. Here's
> a rough sketch of what I was doing:

[snip]

I see. Indeed parser contexts should be fully documented.
Actually, these tiny beasts came rather late in the ball game.
I wanted the core layer to be "open to extension" but
"closed to modification". The upper layers, specifically
the attributes and the debug facility simply hooked into
the parser context. You are the first to show that the
parse context is also usable for advanced Spirit users as
well. For sure, this will be fully documented.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
--Joel