From: William E. Kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-21 11:13:20

From: "Michael Glassford" <glassfordm_at_[hidden]>
> As far as I can tell, this was a preliminary version only and there is
> currently no work being done on it and no attempt is being made to include
> it into Boost.

Nope. Work is being made on this. It's even in the thread_devel branch in
CVS (which may not be in a stable state right now). I can't give any
estimates on when it will be included in the official release, however.

> However, as I needed an rw_lock class a couple of months ago, I started
> working on the version in the files section and ended up with an updated
> version of it that:
>
> a) Fixes a couple of bugs
> b) Implements promotion of locks
> c) Makes some naming changes for consistency
>
> (Please note that I am not the original author of the rw_lock library).

I'd be interested in seeing what you've done and hearing comments on what's
in the CVS branch.

Bill Kempf