From: Mattias Flodin (flodin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-21 11:14:37

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 11:46:21AM -0400, Edward Diener wrote:
> Is the official Boost position on this, if there is one, to build such
> libraries without the /Zc:wchar_t switch and tell the end user that he must
> do the same if he wants to use the Boost library ?

If it is, I think that should be changed to "to make the most out of
Boost, the program should be compiled with the options that make it as
standards-compliant as possible".

Personally I don't quite understand why anybody would _not_ want to use
the /Zc:wchar_t switch (or /Zc:forScope for that matter) -- except for
supporting old libraries that are not yet standards compliant. AFAIK
Boost strives to not be such a library.

(yeah, I know that "as standards-compliant as possible" would mean
enabling the /Za flag, but since that prevents the standard Windows
headers from running through the compiler without errors, it isn't
really a practical alternative)

--
Mattias Flodin <flodin_at_[hidden]>  -  http://www.cs.umu.se/~flodin/
Room NADV 102