From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-10-21 14:29:18

Hi,

Searching through this list's archives, I've found
several posts about potential interest in a bidirectional
map. These posts date back from a couple of years ago,
since then nothing about it seems to have been done.
A couple of weeks ago I completed a bidirectional map
library in the spirit of C++ and posted it to CodeProject:

http://www.codeproject.com/vcpp/stl/bimap.asp

The code has only been tried in VC++, but nothing fundamental
should prevent it from beging ported to standard C++. I sent an
evaluation request to clc++m drawing attention to the library,
to (alas) no effect.
So I'm wondering whether this container could rise interest
enough to deserve submission (after proper exposure to another
C++ compiler). At least, I'd be happy to receive comments
about it even if no procedures are taken to incude it in Boost.
IMHO the code uses some nifty techniques worth having a look at.

Regards,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo