From: Daniel Frey (d.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-21 17:30:56

Hi Boosters,

as a result of the recent discussions, I uploaded a new version of the
patch for operators.hpp (and docs) against 1.29.0 to the files section. It
does no longer contain the switch to returning 'const T' as we haven't
reached any consensus about this, but the NRVO itself works pretty well.

I also modified the config for the Intel-compiler as it implements the
NRVO in version 6.0 (I haven't tested any other versions). Note that with
the old version which returns 'const T', a bug is triggered for the Intel
compiler which prevented the NRVO from working, but without 'const T', it
works as expected.

Please apply or discuss as needed :)

Regards, Daniel