From: John Maddock (jm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-22 05:46:37

> Is the official Boost position on this, if there is one, to build such
> libraries without the /Zc:wchar_t switch and tell the end user that he
must
> do the same if he wants to use the Boost library ?

There is no official position, but it seems to reasonable to me, that boost
libraries should be built using the toolsets default options, and if the
user want something different then they should have to rebuild their
libraries. Basically there is a limit to how many library variants we want
built by default (and how many user will tolerate) - there are already 6 for
VC6/7, IMO that's enough.

John Maddock
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/index.htm