From: Nuno Lucas (depdev.sdi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-22 13:49:13

> Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> > > After what your code looks like:
> > >
> > > nonctl_char = urange_p( '\x21', '\xFF' );

Yes, this would be better (less ugly).

>> Peter Dimov wrote:
> > The question is, would you ever want ['\x21', '\xFF'] to
> > _not_ be a valid
> > range?
>
> If this is what you want, you could write 'epsilon_p - urange_p( '\x21',
> '\xFF' )', essentially this means 'match everything (epsilon_p) except
> ('-') the given range :-)

If I interpreted right, Peter also concedes me some reason.
I know this is a problem that has to do with the history of the C
language. To differentiate bytes (unsigned chars) from chars (signed)
we know have situations where the order of the alphabet can be
incoherent with the order of the ordinal representation.
I sincerely don't have a clue on how to solve this problem in a simple
and easy way (without partial specialization), so maybe I'm just being
too picky.

Regards,
  ~Nuno Lucas

SDI - Sistemas e Desenvolvimento Informático
Rua Nova da Estação, 315 -- 4710-234 Braga
Tel: 253 268 690/1 Fax: 253 268 692