From: Miroslav Silovic (miro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-23 10:45:03

I compiled 1.29.0 (Linux, gcc 3.2) and noticed that regexp library
(release, shared, stripped) has around 500kb. Checking the installed
system libraries, rx, perlre and regex are in the 50-100kb range. I
believe this is a bit much (and used to be even more with the older
versions of gcc).

I only took a cursory glance at the source, and couldn't find anything
too much out of the ordinary - mainly just basic STL... has anybody else
checked this for codebloat? (and I don't believe it's /just/ normal
template inflation, since my own code that uses boost::signal and
assorted STL currently compiles under 100kb).

    Miro