From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-24 17:49:52

It seems to me that part of the release process that would delay merges
from the candidate branch to the main branch is misguided. Critical
changes made to the release branch should be immediately merged on the
main branch. This avoids the issues of forgetting to merge later
which can lead to lost fixes or fixes that are much harder to merge.
Also, I don't see where in the description of procedures there is an
indication to wait on merging back to the main branch. Finally,
in an informal poll of some boost developers it seems that most of
us are already doing immediate merges. I recommend we make this
the general release policy.

Jeff