From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-24 14:49:56

At 06:05 AM 10/23/02, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

>... is FrontPage OK? If using that, What guidance to users should be
given
>to avoid some non-portable 'styles'?

I use FrontPage, and don't run into a lot of problems. In fact the must
common problems reported have been cases where I reverted to editing the
HTML directly rather than using the regular WYSIWYG editor.

As far as styles go, follow the usual guidelines for portable HTML usage.

As a reality check, I look at the resulting pages with Netscape 3.0x, and
sometimes run HTMLTidy to see if it finds any problems.

Also, be sure to set the option that preserves existing source formatting
so that when you edit files created by others, gratuitous source formatting
changes don't get made.

--Beman