From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-27 21:33:55

At 02:03 PM 10/27/02, Dirk Gerrits wrote:
>Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> Doug Gregor, Jaakko Jarvi, and Gary Powell were at the meeting, and
>> worked until 3 AM revising and syncing their proposals. These
>> revisions were accepted by the LWG, and then the full committee, so
>> function object wrappers and tuples became the first libraries
>> formally accepted for the Library TR. Congratulations!
>
>Please forgive my ignorance involving standards work, but does this mean
>that Boost.Function and Boost.Tuple have been accepted into the C++0x
>Standard? That would be great news indeed.

It is even better than that. The C++0x Standard is probably three to five
years off. But the Library Technical Report is on a much faster schedule.
IIRC, the technical work is supposed to be done by this time next year.

While the TR is non-normative, meaning there is no requirement that a C++
compiler supply the additions, I expect most library suppliers to climb on
board pretty fast. They have been very supportive of the TR, and all
present in Santa Cruz voted in favor of the proposals.

At the time that C++0x is finished, the normal process would be for the TR
to be included as a required part of the standard library.

--Beman