From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-27 22:19:53

"Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:

> > I'm happy with it too. Jeff, please go ahead and change the release
> > procedure docs.
>

> I have attached an updated version of the doc. Since I don't currently
> use WinCVS I'm not qualified to update the details of that part of the
> procedure. Help from WinCVS users would be appreciated. Perhaps people
> using Turtle CVS should contribute a section here as well.
>
> Also, in this version of the command line instructions I dropped
> all the last_merge tagging instructions. This seems like lots of
> extra complexity without much purpose. But perhaps I'm missing
> something so please review and comment.

My only major comment is that merging fixes from the main trunk into
the RC may require more care if new development has also occurred in
the file. I'd be inclined to say something like: "remember the version
of the trunk file before you make the fix, then do a merge
-j<prev-version> -jHEAD in the RC branch".

--
                    David Abrahams