From: Noah Stein (Noah_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-28 02:41:49

Yeah, that was my idea when we were talking about writing a general operator
sequence engine on the spirit list, back during the discussion of compound
operators. I have some code lying around for it. The plan is that the
morse code turns into a single ASCII string and is as fast to print as any
char* since that's all that's passed to the stream. What's funny is that
the morse thing was the first thing I thought of too after reading the post
about light-hearted libraries. Great minds think alike... and so do ours!
;)

I also planned on making a little VM so that I could write entire functions
in morse. It really wouldn't be much different than what goes on in Phoenix
or Lambda. It would also have the additional benefit of more
meta-information: the morse name could be hashed for use in a table, etc.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to get back to it some time. Too bad there's
too much needed code right now. I think people would appreciate a
VC6-compatible multi_pass iterator much more than a morse-printer. :)

-- Noah