From: D language (mbosticky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-28 03:49:54

>> Only i am not sure about unwinding the stack when exceptions are thrown.
>
>Additionally, would you want to check your postconditions when
>exceptions are thrown? I think there are situations both in favor and
>against that.

No I would not want to do that. When exceptions are thrown, it is very
likely the postconditions will fail because the program is out of its
normall control flow. For that same reason, testing postconditions after
exception is thrown does not make any sence. This makes me think that pre
and post conditions in constructor/destructor of a class is not such a good
idea afterall.

I am getting a feeling that there is no practical way of checking pre/post
conditions with C++ other than the unfortunate self discipline.