From: Bill Seymour (bill-at-the-office_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-28 09:58:22

I once had way too much time on my hands and wrote a little
Roman numeral class. I've put it in the Yahoo files
section as rn.zip. If anyone is interested in Boostifying
it, feel free.

The files:

    roman.hpp
    roman.cpp
    rntest1.cpp - a little unit test program
    test1out.txt - the output of rntest1

Some possible improvements:

- support for wide iostreams.

- I/O in the "iiii" form (mine does only the "iv" form)
  and I/O manipulators to select the form.

- I remember reading that there's a character (I think
  it was something like a backwards upper case C) that
  could be use to extend the range if the user has
  such a character available. (It might be there in
  ISO 10646...I don't know.)

--Bill Seymour