From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-28 15:56:08

Victor A. Wagner, Jr. wrote:

>> I was thinking more of a vector (or deque) where inserting an
>> element on a full container (however "full" is defined) would
>> either throw an exception, automatically remove an element from the
>> container before inserting the new one or take some other
>> policy-dependent action.
>
> you mean a 'maximum sized' container then, not 'fixed', correct?

Yes, that's a better name. When I wrote "fixed" I was thinking in
the domain of fixed-sized hardware queues (i.e. there are always
the same number of memory elements). A "maximum sized" container
may or may not represent those empty elements (with valid bits,
etc.). That's probably a slightly different beast, though.

                              -Dave

--
"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson