From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-29 00:23:24

Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:

> jamfile.jam.
> >>
> >>"jamfile" gets my vote.
> >
> >I personally prefer "jamfile.jam"...
> >
> >"jamfile" has the disadvantages that:
> >- then we have a bunch of "Jamfile" to "jamfile" renames to ask
> SourceForge
> >to do.
> >- Windows, KDE, and Gnome users don't have a convenient extension to
> map to
> >their editor.
>
> Both good points. I think you converted me:-)

I'm mostly convinced, but there's also the familiarity issue to
consider. People are used to 'Makefile'. A guy just came up to me
today and told me he put boost aside because building involved a
program with an unfamiliar name, 'bjam'. I'm not kidding. He didn't
look past the name :(

FWIW-ly,
Dave

--