From: Yakov Bachmutsky (yakov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-29 03:52:30

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dirk Gerrits" <dirk_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2002 7:32 PM
Subject: [boost] Re: new libraries proposal

> Yakov Bachmutsky wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > After a long break I'd like to take a little part in boost.
>
> [snip]
>
> > 3. A thread library that is related to the sync lib but can be detached.
> > Contains mainly a thread wrapper class that may be inharited or used
> > as is.
> > Contains also thread factory class and such.
>
> There is already a thread library in Boost. Does your proposal offer
> anything significantly different than that one?

Mine is windows oriented.
On a second thought, it would be better to add stuff to the existing one.
What I have in addition to the existing is:
1. onException() called from ThreadProc (=threadproxy) to let the user
decide what to do with it.
2. since in windows threads are also sync objects, I can wait for a thread
in my standard locks:
lock _lock(my_thread, my_event)
3. I use it to thread-run class member functions via a class inheriting
CThread.