From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-30 13:13:03

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 12:29 pm, Jeff Garland wrote:
> Well I had given up on generation, but maybe I was premature. One topic we
> might discuss is the format for putting these sorts of comments in the
> code.

I wouldn't give up on generation just yet, but we can't _require_ generation.
Well, I can't use generation, because there is no way that any program is
going to take function/function_template.hpp as input and come back with
sensible documentation.

My suggestion is to have an intermediate representation of C++ from which we
can generate the reference documentation. That intermediate representation
can be hand-written or generated from a tool like Doxygen or Synopsis.

        Doug