From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-31 00:12:44

Forwarded from Stephen Davies:

----
From: Stephen Davies <chalky_at_[hidden]>
Subject: Re: Another Signals doc tweak
To: David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
Date: 31 Oct 2002 13:50:31 +1100
On Thu, 2002-10-31 at 03:50, David Abrahams wrote:

> The docs show this constructor:
>
>    explicit signal(const Combiner& = Combiner(), const GroupCompare& = GroupCompare());
>
> I think it should say:
>
>    explicit signal(Combiner = Combiner(), GroupCompare = GroupCompare());

[snip explanation]

>    explicit signal(
>         const Combiner& = Combiner() // @copied
>         , const GroupCompare& = GroupCompare() // @copied
>    );
This would be possible, but not easy and IMO ugly. A better solution
would be:
// @copied Combiner GroupCompare
explicit signal(const Combiner& = Combiner(), const GroupCompare& = GroupCompare());
It would even be possible to nominate unnamed parameters using something
like:
// @copied $1 $2
I should mention that none of this is implemented (yet:). But there is
already a framework for modifying the AST using comments so it wouldn't
be too hard to do.
David, I am not on the boost list yet. I may join it tomorrow, but I
will be busy today.
--
  //------=[ Chalky aka Stephen Davies -- chalky_at_[hidden] ]=------\\
 //----=[ CEED : Agilent Technologies - RouterTester Project ]=----\\