From: David Bergman (davidb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-31 13:38:59

Bill,

I told you that my comment was whimsical ;-)

For some reason, the "<" typograph is harder on the visual flow than
"\".

But, as you said, if we can stick to DocBook SGML and use SGML->XML
transformers, we would be rather close to the "\" tags of LaTeX or "@"
tags of Javadoc.

My critique was mainly of the abundant presence of "<" and ">" in an XML
solution.

/David