From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-31 17:47:01

Hi,

I've posted this before to Spirit's mailing list. I still haven't
recieved an answer. I wonder if any of you VC6/7 gurus can
help me out.... The problem concerns Spirit and VC6/7 when
complex parser embedding takes place.

It always bites and I want to resolve this issue once and for all
if possible. The problem surfaces with parser classes that
have non-POD members. Try adding a std::string member
to any of the primitives and VC6/7 ICEs. One suce class
is the chset. Here's a simple program:

#include <iostream>
#include <cassert>

using namespace std;
#include "boost/spirit/core.hpp"
#include "boost/spirit/utility.hpp"
using namespace spirit;

int
main()
{
    rule<> a = *chset_p("abcdefg");
    parse("abcdefg", a);
}

VC6 ICEs and VC7 gives some unrelated errors.
I would be very grateful if someone can shed light on the
problem. I uploaded the preprocessed file here:

    http://spirit.sf.net/dl_more/vc6_problem.zip

Thanks in advance,
--Joel