From: Fredrik Blomqvist (fredrik_blomqvist_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-10-31 18:01:21

Dirk Gerrits wrote:
[snip]
> But how about going a bit further,
> and also 'encouraging' developers to put up planned features for the
> next release, and how much progress has been made on those features?

Agreed!
Since boost currently encourages a rationale-page I believe a plan/todo-file
and a changelog
would complement this in a very powerful way. One of the biggest benefits
IMHO is that it would
make collaboration and spot-contributions easier since you could just "grab
a task" and give it a try (naively).

On a bigger scale I could imagine a road-map* style document for the entire
boost package.
Where wish-lists, todos and links to already know technology and
implementations etc
would be collected and "distilled".
I do understand that this is kindof the idea of the wiki but sofar I sort-of
miss an "edge" here.
(btw I have seen some interesting mind-map style tools that would let you
graphically express key
ideas etc, that would be really fun to tryout with boost :)

my 2c
/Fredrik

* I'm Not suggesting adding more rigidity to the boost process, just trying
to gather and visualize _visions_ :-)
(IMO one of the coolest things with boost is the unpredictability!)