From: Jaakko Jarvi (jajarvi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-15 14:50:07

> OK, I read the docs, followed the example and *tried* to use it in the
> library.
> Unfortunately, I received tons of mysterious compiler errors with BCC55;
> apparently as a result of the usage of template template parameters in
> ntp::as_named<>.

as_named is needed if you allow an argument slot to accept both
unnamed and named template parameters.
You should be able to go around the need for template template
parameters by 'expanding' as_name by hand:

instead of

typename boost::ntp::as_named<Model, Model_is>::type

write:

typename boost::mpl::if_c<detail::is_named_parameter<Model>::value,
                          T, Model_is<T> >::type

Are there other things that cause trouble with your compiler?

/Jaakko