From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-17 22:19:43

From: "Jeff Garland"

>> In general, libary code should make no presumptions as to the language
>> of the user. That means no embedded messages.

>Yes, we need to provide locale indexed message strings. No debate on that.
>Sounds like another requirement for boost::exception.

>In my view it [boost::exception] needs to be enhanced to support developers needs.

OUCH - that's totally the wrong conclusion. so now inside a library you want
to have the messages coded in english, spanish, german, quichua, etc each
in their respectiv character sets? oh and unicode too? That job would never end
and be pointless besides.

Take the string out by and use the enums as keys.

We can't accomodate someone who doesn't handle the possible exceptions
by including strings in every posible locale.

Robert Ramey