From: Andrew Koenig (ark_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-19 09:38:10

Beman> Even something in the public domain should have a copyright, and a
Beman> license that says it is in the public domain.

I think you should check this statement with a lawyer. Keith Gorlen,
the author of the NIH (National Institutes of Health) class library,
told me once that his work, being a ``US Government work'' is in the
public domain and *cannot* be copyrighted or licensed. That is,
*nothing* that anyone does with his work can legally prevent anyone
from copying it, so there is no meaningful way of licensing it.

--
Andrew Koenig, ark_at_[hidden], http://www.research.att.com/info/ark