From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-20 06:35:33

Joerg Walter wrote:
> I've recently committed a couple of bugfixes, extensions and
> compatibility hacks. The last regression tests seem to be OK
> for Linux, but some tests under Windows fail to compile. I'm
> especially concerned about VC7 failures with the diagnostic
>
> concepts.cpp
> C:\boost\site\boost\mpl\if.hpp(158) : error C2976:
> 'boost::mpl::if_' : too
> few template arguments
> C:\boost\site\boost\mpl\if.hpp(102) : see declaration of
> 'boost::mpl::if_'
> C:\boost\site\boost\mpl\if.hpp(158) : error C2504:
> '<Unknown>' : base class
> undefined
>
> because ublas doesn't depend from mpl. So I've to assume,
> that somebody is changing either boost.config, boost.type_traits,
> boost.smart_ptr or boost.timer.

Hmm, compiles fine for me on the clean CVS get (ignoring "test31/32.cpp"
errors, see the attached log). Are you sure you are in sync with the main
trunk?

> P.S.: Why aren't there any regression tests for mpl?

There are, they just not included into the batch. Probably they should be;
there are some issues, mainly with the number of tests (currently ~60 and
more to come) - simply putting those into results table would render it
rather useless, IMO, and the corresponding increase in compile times might
also be a problem (for the tests runners). In any case, I almost never
checking in anything before the regressions passed.

Aleksey