From: Boris Schäling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-23 13:13:14

Hugo,

I read your library requirements. I don't agree that a socket library should
wrap rather than invent. You write the "sockets interface is well known to
many programmers". If this is true noone will use a C++ library if it only
wraps but has no advantage over C functions. A C++ library should simplify
and wrap the complexity of the network. Eg. there is no need for Ip4Address
and Ip6Address classes if the library can find the protocol to be used by
looking at the given address - 0.0.0.0 for IP4 or 0::0 for IP6.

Boris