From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-11-24 16:12:10

Emily wrote:

> I did quite a bit of re-arranging and editing of the existing material,
> and for this the Wiki was very useful. I'd guess that for documentation
> in the early stages, with frequent major updates and rewrites, a Wiki
> would be ideal. I'm not convinced it would be useful for established
> documentation where changes are usually limited to bug fixes.
>
> Now all you need is a DocBook Wiki :)

Actually I think the Linux Documentation folks have thought of this
as well:

http://ldp.us.themoes.org/ldpwn/ldpwn-2002-01-15.html

http://www.lampadas.org/doc/473/index.html

Unfortunately, the actual wiki seems to be offline, and I didn't
find any conversion tools. That said, it sure would be nice to
have something that would at least do a first pass on stuff.
That way we could flesh out the structure on the Wiki and when
things have stabilized convert to docbook....

Jeff