From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-03 16:53:14

"Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
[snip]

> If I understand you correctly, those are counts of the number of files.

Yes. The visible tendency is to provide all formats: zip/gz/bzip2. Previous
releases typically come with only zip/gz and this skews statistic a bit.
Bzip2 is catching on lately.

> It would also be interesting to look at the download counts for projects
> which make several formats available.

SourceForge, for what I know, doesn't provide statistics breakdown on single
files.

> In other words, what formats do users prefer to download when several are
> available?

Question for SourceForge staff, if exact number is needed. I personally
always pick the smallest file available.

/Pavel