From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-10 11:30:59

At 04:58 PM 12/9/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

>Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> First, the regression tests are broken; the message is:
>>
>> unknown dependent target
><libs!test!build>libboost_prg_exec_monitor.lib
>>
>> I assume this is the result of a change Glennadiy made last night in
>> the test library build Jamfile, but reverting it to the prior version
>> doesn't clear the problem. Sigh. I've emailed him privately.
>
>I fixed up status/Jamfile to refer to the new targets.

Thanks! The bjam part is now running, but the post test processing is
failing. The failure is occurring in the Boost.test tests library. I won't
be able to look at it until late afternoon; the error message from the
post-processing program was less that helpful.

We need to find a way to better test changes to the test library because
failure in it cause the whole regression testing system to fail. Perhaps
all changes to Boost.Test should first go on a branch, and only be merged
when they have been tested with several compilers and operating systems.

--Beman