From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-12 20:06:12

At 08:17 PM 12/11/2002, Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:

>I forgot to mention in my previous post the following proposed ideas:
>
>A hash map and hash multimap in which a single value type is specified
>along with a traits class that is used to extract the key from the
>value type. The std::pair-specific hash_map and hash_multimap would
>then be based upon this generic implementation.
>
>If there is interest in this library, I will create an implementation.

Are you aware that a hash_map proposal from Matt Austern is almost sure to
be included in the upcoming C++ Standard Library Technical Report?

See http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2002/n1399.html

The only reason that proposal wasn't accepted in Santa Cruz was a naming
controversy and some minor technical quibbles about tuning types being
specified with more precision than can be delivered.

--Beman