From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-16 09:17:14

We've got two cases where it would be very useful to be able to easily
extract the library name from a header file:

* Generating a dependency analysis based on library names rather than than
header names.

* Reporting problems (tabs in files, etc.) with an automatic scanning tool.

We currently have a guideline that source files include a comment in the
form:

// See http://www.boost.org for updates, documentation, ...

I'd like to propose changing that (particularly for headers) to:

// See http://www.boost.org/library-name for documentation.

and require that it be the first instance of "http://www.boost.org/" in a
source file.

That will make it easy to associate a header with the library it belongs
to, and may also help users reach documentation quickly.

Comments?

--Beman