From: craigp_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-12-17 18:20:01

<snip>

> I don't really know. There are other truly open alternatives that
> might be worth looking into, e.g. GCC_XML, and Synopsis/OCC (get it as
> part of the Synopsis package at synopsis.sf.net).

I've looked briefly at GCC_XML; I haven't seen Synopsis. In many ways I
would prefer one based on gcc, but I think GCC_XML is GPL'd, which may
clash with Boost's license policy. I'll look into both of these further.

> My other comment is that Bjarne Stroustrup was working on a system
> known as XTI that extracted this sort of info from the debug symbol
> output of GCC. I am only saying this to make the point that many
> people think better reflection capability for C++ is important.

Wow, the man himself is working on this! That is very good news. I'm
printing out his XTI papers as I type this.

thanks!
--craig