From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-12-20 08:30:53

On Friday 20 December 2002 08:14 am, Steven Ketcham wrote:
> Yes, every thing (STL stuff) works except boost. Turning off the STL filter
> made no difference. It only captures output and filters it. I am left with
> the impression that the #defines are wrong for my particular setup. Please
> remember that this is a brand new Win2000 install with all the patches, the
> new platform SDK and IE 6.0. I skipped 5.5 IE.

Ah ha! I know the platform SDK has been known to cause some weird problems
(this happened to at least one user of the Boost.Python lib). The platform
SDK path needs to be first in the list of paths to the compiler. This page on
the Wiki tells how one user did it:

  http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?MsVc6

> Are there any library differences between WinXP and Win2000?

Not that I know of, but I'm no expert on the Windows development platform.

        Doug