From: Martijn van der Lee (martijn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-09 04:57:41

Hi,

I've been following the discussion on a HelloWorld for the MPL
framework with great interrest, in the hope of understanding what this
MPL thing really is, sadly enough, I am no further than I was a week
ago.

Could anybody please explain what MPL is, what it does, why I should
wish to use it, when I should use it and why it is better than the
alternative solutions that may exist for the problems the MPL was meant
to solve?

Is there any problem for which MPL is the ideal (if not the only)
solution and are there cases in which MPL is a clear winner over
standard C++ code?

I'm sure you Boost guys have created as wonderful a tool with MPL as
you have with some of your other libraries but at the moment it just
seems like a really complicated way of doing things. If performance is
the only reason for choosing MPL than I doubt whether it would
outweight the added development effort.

Please regard me as the ultimate HelloWorld testcase and educate me
into the ways of the MPL :)

regards,
Martijn van der Lee

p.s. Still looking for people to help with ditto.sourceforge.net

http://www.wanadoo.nl/