From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-09 10:43:58

On Thursday 09 January 2003 16:06, David Abrahams wrote:
> > is giving me trouble due to the LOCATE_TARGET. This apparantly makes
> > that the sources are searched for in the bin subdir ?! Should'nt it
> > be removed ?
>
> No, it means that targets will be placed in the bin subdir.

OK, found the problem. Apparantly on my HP machine I should leave out the
CC=gcc. BTW John I made sure that no command-line options are needed on the
command-line to compile jamboost so I certainly prefer to remove the
"CC=gcc". Is that OK ?

> However, Rene has put together some new build scripts for bjam. The
> new recommended procedure is:
>
> bash ./build.sh

Apparantly does not know aCC yet ;( But why is it necessary. Had no trouble
recently compiling jam_src with make on all platforms (I know, I should
follow the discussions in the jamboost-ml more closely but so little time;( ?

toon