From: William E. Kempf (wekempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-10 12:41:07

> From: David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
> "William E. Kempf" <wekempf_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >> From: David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> What
> >> information do you *have* at the point of detection?
> >
> > Depends on numerous factors, such as the platform it's
> > running on and how much time you want to spend
> > gathering information. We could provide a stack trace,
> > a memory dump, a listing of running processes, the OS
> > name and version, and on and on.
>
> Sorry, I meant what information do you have _portably_?

Depends on what you mean by "portable", I guess. In some cases I'll have an error code... but like I illustrated before, I'm not convinced this is "portable". Other times there's nothing available but the reason for an error. But in the end, the question you just asked is exactly what I'm asking ;).

William E. Kempf
wekempf_at_[hidden]