From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-19 19:24:57

"Terje Slettebø" <tslettebo_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>I'm also all for simplicity, cohesion, decoupling, do the simplest thing
that could possibly work (XP/pragmatic programmers), etc., and I'm sure
Andrei is, as well. After all, when Loki's typelists have been discussed,
he's stated that they are heavily KISSed. Others have argued that the
flexibility of MPL makes it worth it. So it's a little ironic situation.
:)<

I did a good job (until now) abstaining myself from doing the **exact**
same remark... I'm not sure how an argument and its exact opposite could
lead to a congruent viewpoint.

Back to pbd smart pointers, looks like nobody needs policy-based smart
pointers coz they're so complex and shared_ptr just works for everybody,
yet new xyz_ptr classes designed from scratch seem to appear around here
quite often :o\. I just can't stop remarking how easy they can all be
implemented as policies of Loki::SmartPtr.

Andrei the lurker