From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-20 07:39:00

From: "John Maddock" <john_maddock_at_[hidden]>
[...]
> The compiler seems not to support template templates according to the
> config_test failure. We currently have:
>
> #if (__HP_aCC <= 33900)
> # define BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_TEMPLATES
> # define BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_KEYWORD
> # define BOOST_NO_UNREACHABLE_RETURN_DETECTION
> #endif
>
> which I presume needs updating? What is the latest __HP_aCC version
number?

There is also

#if (__HP_aCC <= 33300) || !defined(BOOST_STRICT_CONFIG)
// member templates are sufficiently broken that we disable them for now
# define BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATES
# define BOOST_NO_DEPENDENT_NESTED_DERIVATIONS
# define BOOST_NO_DEPENDENT_TYPES_IN_TEMPLATE_VALUE_PARAMETERS
#endif

where the !defined(BOOST_STRICT_CONFIG) causes BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATES to
be defined unconditionally AFAICS. This causes a number of shared_ptr tests
to fail as shared_ptr.hpp uses a simplified version when no member templates
are available.