From: Sam Partington (Sam.Partington_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-20 09:23:26

> [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]On Behalf Of Sam Partington

> That said, I do like the way shared_ptr can improve itself if you give it
> something derived from counted_base, perhaps to compromise this method of
> adding variety of implementation could be extended. e.g. perhaps
> something
> derived from clonable_base could have cloning characteristics?

Oops, typing faster than I think as usual. I was just trying to come up
with some example of other extensions to shared_ptr through the same method
of counted_base. This was a poor example. Obviously a shared_ptr with
cloning characteristics would confuse everybody, myself more than most I
suspect.

Sorry!

Sam