From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-31 12:25:13

David Abrahams wrote:

> > Who cares? The new toy is so cool! :-) Seriously, Peter is a wise man.
> > Personally I would go with his suggestion about having two (or more)
> > separate metafunctions, at least for the sake of generality
>
> I'd rather settle on one for the sake of simplicity and see if it's
> enough for people. Once you provide two interfaces, you're sort of
> stuck supporting them both.

I agree. And we should keep in mind that people can use "trivial"
combination anyway, so we needn't offer them all with separate
names/interfaces, e.g.

   is_base_and_derived< B, D >::value || is_void< B >::value

is easy enough for users, so if they want to use "void" as a base for
all classes, they can do it that way. All we need to do is to provide
very good documentation.

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial training, research and technology