From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-01-31 14:07:17

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:41:09 +0200, "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>I've always felt that is_base_and_derived is a funny name.

Just to have a moment of recreation before resuming work... it looks
funny to me too, but for another reason. To an Italian it creates a
strange effect to have "is" (singular) and the conjunction "and"
between the names; off-hand one wonders: "How *is* "? Maybe they meant
"*are* base and derived"? :-) However after the initial shock, I've
mentally mapped it to something along the lines of

 is the couple (B, D) of the form (base, derived)?

Not that one can really put down in words a mental association, but
it's more or less something like that :-)

Genny.