From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-01 12:39:07

Dear Boosters,

Since we got to work jam on the Cray, found an optimizer bug when
compiling regex with -O3 that we will report to Cray and got regex to
compile at -O2, I am now running the regression tests.

While they are running I want to ask a question about building and post
a patch/question about running the rgeression tests.

First the (maybe stupid) question: how can I disable the building of
shared libraries when using bjam? Shared libraries do not seem to exist
on the vector-Crays and I would like to disable them, instead of
getting build failures.

Next, the changes I had to make to boost/tools/regression/run_tests.sh.
Besides the obvious toolset and path changes (the first three), I had
to make three more changes:

diff -r1.3 run_tests.sh
18c18
< boost_root=$HOME/CVSROOTs/Boost/boost_regression

---
 > boost_root=$HOME/boost
35c35
< test_tools=gcc
---
 > test_tools=cray
42c42
< toolset=gcc
---
 > toolset=cray
96c96
< if test $cvs_update == yes ; then
---
 > if test $cvs_update = yes ; then
113c113
< LOCATE_TARGET=bin sh ./build.sh
---
 > LOCATE_TARGET=bin sh ./build.sh cc
150c150
< cat regress.log | $process_jam_log
---
 > cat regress.log | $process_jam_log $boost_root
The fourth change:
test $cvs_update == yes   --->   test $cvs_update = yes
seems to be needed for all platform, although the GNU version of test
actually accepts == in addition to =
The fifth change is needed, to use the cc toolset instead of gcc. Is
there an easy way to specify that without changing the shell script?
Finally, I wonder why I need the sixth change. How does this work on
other platforms? Is there an easier fix?
Best regards,
Matthias