From: Rani Sharoni (rani_sharoni_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-01 14:06:13

"John Maddock" <john_maddock_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> OK the new version of is_base_and_derived is checked in, along with
stricter
> test cases, can someone who understands the implementation (I'm absolutely
> sure that I don't !), please provide an explanation to add to the header?
>
> BTW I have looked at Terje's explanation, but the subtle changes to the
> Rani's implementation make in no longer quite applicable (although I may
be
> missing something).

Terje's fine explanation holds (just change reference to pointer).
I think that link to the original c.l.c++.m posting might be helpful
especially because it contains a link to an explanation by probably the most
authorized person in C++ overloading - Steve Adamczyk.

The c.l.c++.m posting -
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=df893da6.0301280859.522081f7%40posting.
google.com

Cheers,