From: Aleksey Chernoraenko (achernoraenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-14 03:30:54

Oops..., I am sending again, now with files

Douglas Gregor wrote:
>On Sunday 09 February 2003 08:46 pm, Davlet Panech wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just compiled build 1.29 with MS Visual C++ 6, and one of the
libraries,
>> boost_signals.dll does not export any symbols (and, as a consequence, no
>> corresponding .LIB file is generated). Is that normal? A library with no
>> symbols is quite useless, no? Anyhow, I'm not really using the signals
>> library, nor I have the time to investigate, I just thought I'd let
>> somebody know, because it seems suspicous.

>Thanks for reporting this. The Signals library is missing
dllimport/dllexport
>specifiers throughout. I'll try to get this fixed for 1.30.0.

Hi Doug,

We needed dynamic dll of Boost.Signals library and we fixed the
dllimport/export problem. The attached files are context diffs (diff -u)
against the current cvs state.
Note that we had to move the slot_base's "get_invocable_slot",
"get_inspectable_slot" and "tag_type" template member functions to namespace
scope because otherwise the dll would be required to provide all possible
instantiations of those.

Hope it helps you and us, :)

AC.
archer_at_[hidden]