From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-02-16 08:16:17

Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:

> At 12:45 PM 2/15/2003, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
> >As someone mentioned previously...
> >
> > The links to libraries and source are broken.
> >
> >I took a few minutes to put in an ".htaccess" file on the server that
> >redirects those links to reasonable places.
> >
> >For the library links they are redirected to the corresponding
> >www.boost.org
> >point.
> >
> >For the source code links they are redirected to the SourceForge CVS
> view >of the file. The cool syntax highlighted version :-)
>
> Wow, that's really neat! Thanks!
>
> The problem has always been that linking the source code to the web
> site would reach a possibly obsolete version of the code. By linking
> to the CVS, that problem is neatly solved.

Wow!

A couple of possible improvements, if you're feeling ambitious:

1. Link it to the version of the file that corresponds to the test's
   run time.

2. Take the compilation-error-regexp-alist from my emacs, which is a
   bunch of regexps that describe how to find the file and line number
   in compiler error messages, and use it to turn all of the error
   messages in the error logs into links to the right source line ;-)

just-dreaming-ly y'rs,
dave

--
Dave Abrahams